Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Time to Purge....

I saw a show on the Syfy channel today called Collection Intervention. They showcased a woman who was a "passionate" Barbie collector. The woman was not a hoarder, but she did have more dolls and accessories than she could enjoy. Much was stored in her sons' closets and her husband's workshop! Though my doll collection doesn't even come close to hers, there is a common factor: I have more than I can display and enjoy. As I am determined not to become like my late mother (who was a serious hoarder), and I do so want to enjoy my dolls, I have come to the realization that it is time to purge.
I am starting with Monster High dolls. I started collecting them after my father passed away, and while watching my mother's health steadily decline over the following 2 and a half years, I bought more! I have way too many duplicates - same character in different outfit, so these will be the first to go! If you collect Monster High dolls, or know someone who does, please direct them to my listings. http://www.ebay.com/sch/allthegoodgone/m.html?item=271057424228&_trksid=p2047675.l2562&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc Thanks!

No comments: